Get to know the Role:
When people talk about Grab, they generally refer to the apps, that we develop, optimize and maintain. You’ll be working closely with the Product, Design and Backend teams, on everything from new features for the end user (passenger) and partner (driver) apps, new platforms, maintaining existing features and experiences, to continuous improvements with optimizations and experiments. You are likely to also be tasked with trying out and evaluating new mobile technologies from time to time, to see what impact it could have on the business.
The day-to-day activities:
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms and features.
- Build re-usable iOS software components for the Grab platform.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- Evaluate new mobile methodologies and technologies
- Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five star ratings.
The must haves:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields.
- Advanced Objective-C and good Swift skills.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces.
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures).Highly accountable and takes ownership, with collaborative attitude, and a lifelong learner.
- Native iOS app development experience for iPad/iPhone
- A portfolio of multiple apps, preferably transaction-based business critical apps.
- Proficient in Objective-C and Swift with experience in memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices and embedded systems.
- Experience and understanding of large and complex code bases and architectures.
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobileApply payments platform in Southeast Asia.
We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and the community, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch), last mile delivery (GrabExpress & GrabFood), bus & shuttle services (GrabCoach & GrabShuttle) as well as a mobile payments services (GrabPay). We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar; however, we also have R&D offices in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta, & Vietnam.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.