Who we are
Zipjet is Europe's leading on-demand laundry & dry cleaning service, operating in London, Paris and Berlin. We take the hassle of laundry off our customers’ hands, so they can spend more time doing the things they enjoy. To do this, we’ve created a cutting-edge, app-based service that allows our customers to have their laundry collected and delivered back to them in as little as 24 hours. Think of us as a remote control for your laundry pile!
Our service is available on mobile apps (iOS & Android) and via our website. We strive for operational excellence and build solutions to serve large numbers of customer in a highly reliable and autonomous manner.
We’re a young team of about 50 people across our three cities, with a great mix of previous professional experience. Our backgrounds are diverse, both culturally and professionally. One thing we all have in common, though, is that we are passionate about making Zipjet a success.
About the job – key responsibilities
- Own our mobile app development in React Native
- Develop and maintain iOS and Android mobile applications
- Participate in the design and architecture of applications
- Develop leading-edge mobile applications to solve for compelling business challenges.
Who we are looking for
- Experience with Redux, ES6+, Github, and Chrome debugger, Xcode, Fabric, Jenkins for continuous integration
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Academic degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a plus but not mandatory – experience is king!
Advanced experience in
- Designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment
- App design and development for iOS using Objective-C and Android using Java is a plus
- Experience with the publishing process for both Apple and Google app stores
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for agile development
- Open personality and superior communication skills to lead both, the process and the people in transforming an idea into a successful implementation
- Fluent English skills - German is an advantage but not required
- Result-oriented - You like to set your own goals and you do your best to achieve them
- Detail-oriented - You have a high personal standard that you set for yourself and expect others to have the same
- Self-motivated - You like to get your hands dirty making things work
- We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours
- You will have a real impact at a fast-growing start up, revolutionising the laundry delivery space across the globe
- You will collaborate within a highly motivated, international and inspirational team
- Healthy snacks, drinks and free laundry every month
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents! Let’s wash some dirty laundry together!