REACT Front End Developer
Command Alkon, a global leader in integrated technology solutions for over 40 years, has an exciting opportunity for a REACT Front End Developer in our location in Birmingham, AL.
As a REACT Front End Developer at Command Alkon you will have the opportunity to impact the world in which you live, work and play by joining a team of brilliantly talented Software Developers in a highly collaborative culture. Your continual input will be valued and expected as we work together in a world of SCRUM! You will have the opportunity to do what you love in an open style environment that gives you motivation and energy! Come create high impact software solutions and impact our global market position.
We are looking for a REACT Front End Developer that has a Wolverine attitude without the drama! Keen senses to architect and build UI boilerplates to allow developers to easily create new apps while utilizing best practices. Enhanced capabilities to contribute to overall engineering team efforts on a cohesive system architecture with a responsibility for personal quality code and production worthy solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Work within User interface architecture for a Single Page Application utilizing the React framework
- Facilitate UI interface with backend Microservice API (in AWS)
- Handle template cross-cutting concerns like AuthN, AuthZ, I18N, Logging, and testing into developer boilerplates to minimize production errors
- Partner with the DevOps Team on best approach to systematize and distribute boilerplates as well as distribution of UI applications
- Interact directly with UX/UI designers to implement UX/UI strategies and designs
- Eventually support QA in resolving issues by reproducing, diagnosing and analyzing the root cause
- Opportunity to work on Cross-Functional Agile Scrum Teams and within specialized skill sets while you build the “Next Generation” platform from scratch with the latest technologies
What you'll bring:
- PRO experience in React JS and associated components
- Expertise in mobile & desktop browser architecture, capabilities and limitations
- Familiarity with Single Page Application principles, best practices and technologies utilizing cloud-native architectures
- Exposure to Android and iOS mobile differences and building mobile applications using React Native
- Super Human analytical, problem-solving abilities with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, prioritization and communication skills and enjoy taking the lead
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years delivering highly scalable, customer facing SAAS web/mobile SPA
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016 and 2017, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, California, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
- 401k Matching
Find out more at: http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.