Remote Software Developer Jobs
X-Team is a development company of motivated developers, programmers, engineers and coders from around the world. We support our developers by helping them learn and grow each day.
Unleash your potential.
We'll work with you 1-on-1 to motivate and fund you to learn, grow and build a legacy.
Work from anywhere.
We are 100% remote, meaning you can work from wherever you’re most productive.
Experience a futuristic culture.
You’ll soon discover we aren’t just a tech company. As Biz Stone (Twitter) once said about us, "These guys are from the future."
Remote React Native Developer Job
- Experience with iOS and Android development
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
Nice to have
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Problem solver
- Proactive attitude
- Get the chance to work with big brands
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses around the world
- We will help you learn and grow each day
- Unleash your inner superhero
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does your vetting/interview process take?
It varies depending on our immediate needs and how quickly you respond to our questions and requests. On average, it can take 1-3 weeks.
More importantly though, after a decade of interviewing developers, we've learned how important it is to respect people's time. We will only ever ask for more of your time if we think you are a potential good fit, rather than waste your time going through unnecessary hoops.
Will I be supported while working on my team's projects?
At our core, we are a developer-centric company. Once you join one of our partner teams, both our core team and our community will be there to support you every step of the way. Our developers often tell us how much they appreciate being part of such a supportive community of people motivating one another to learn, grow and unleash their potential.
Each developer also gets their own personal "Unleasher", a mentor dedicated to helping you grow. In addition, your Unleasher will provide you with the funding you need to achieve that growth. It's an entirely different atmosphere at X-Team than any other developer community.
Our community is also often meeting together at conferences and meetups (as well as our roaming hackerhouse, the X-Outpost).
When it comes to working with our partners, all you have to worry about is executing great work for them and then we handle the rest. We even pay our developers on a bi-weekly basis, which is pretty unheard of.
What does a typical team look like and how does it operate?
Each team in X-Team operates differently. Generally though, most teams work in an agile style with some form of daily standup (whether synchronous or asynchronous), a PM tool like Jira, and a TDD workflow.
Specifics regarding other team members, such as project managers or designers, will always vary, but all X-Teamers can attest to being on well-managed projects and teams.
What hours am I expected to work?
When we have an opportunity to offer you, we'll discuss what time overlap our partner is looking for. That said, X-Team places a high priority on respectful, flexible scheduling and makes that clear to our partners before working with them.
What happens when my engagement comes to an end? Am I out of work?
Three scenarios can happen when a project comes to an end:
1. We'll line up another opportunity for you to move on to after your current project ends. This is actually the most common scenario and what we'll be aiming for once you join our community.
2. So long as you've committed to learning and growing and have kept your skills current throughout your time in X-Team, we will continue investing in you and keep you onboard for up to 3 months until we have a new opportunity for you. Other developer communities don't invest in you like this, but it's important to us.
3. If your skillset no longer aligns with what companies are looking for on their teams, we'll part ways until we're able to offer you a new opportunity that aligns well with your experience. This isn't as common in X-Team, as we work hard to motivate you to always be learning and growing so that your skills will always remain marketable.
My availability is complicated, should I wait until I'm completely free before applying?
We're most interested in developers who could begin work no later than a month out, but we can start the vetting process ahead of time as well.
Do you have any junior level positions or apprenticeships?
Currently no, but we'd certainly love to someday.
Do you have any part-time positions available?
All X-Team positions are full-time.