Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is a growing Outdoor Adventure Technology Company, building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionising the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a fast growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
- You'll be continuing the work we’ve put in over the last 18 months building the FATMAP mobile app, and helping us become the tool of choice for everyone's outdoor adventures. We’re looking for a mobile app developer who is very strong on React Native and has developed native apps on either iOS or Android (ideally both).
- You will take ownership of our mobile platform, building rich media experiences and an impeccable user experience based on React Native and our in-house 3D mapping SDK. You’ll help us to solve interesting problems (such as how to reliably report location when offline halfway up a mountain) that don’t crop up in your average todo list app.
- We work flexible hours and we all do some remote work, but we believe that the best results come from working side-by-side.
- Take ownership of our mobile platform and team, helping us to grow both to become the go-to companion for adventures across the globe.
- Strong focus on performance, stability and reliability, even (especially) when offline.
- Work with the design team to build flawless user experiences at 60fps.
- As part of our Product team, work closely with our Rendering and Platform teams to deliver a unified, premium experience across all platforms.
- Help us stabilise the existing application by continuing and expanding our practices of testing, type-safe code, and QA (manual and automated).
- Contribute to the evolution of our engineering practices, mentor our junior developers and get involved with our frequent discussions on code quality, best practices, and workflows.
- Strong experience working with React Native on production apps, with knowledge of existing standards and best practices.
- Have at least 7 years experience with mobile app development.
- Knowledge in any or all of any or all of: Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin is a big plus.
- Experience with Redux and GraphQL a big plus.
- Strong familiarity with mobile ecosystems, from integrating services such as subscription payments and location all the way through to deployment workflows for production apps in the App/Play Store.
- Are focused on a phenomenal user experience, especially when it comes to reliability and performance.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to describe technical architecture to non-techies.
- Any experience with navigation/location, and especially offline-only applications is a big plus!
- Excellent spoken and written English.
What we offer
- A great open space office environment in Berlin, Germany OR Vilnius, Lithuania
- Flexible working hours
- Free breakfast, coffee, fruits, etc.
- The technical tools (laptop, screens etc.) of your choice
- Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure)
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- Outdoor Adventure as your core working topic - including an office/ apartment space in the mountains of Chamonix for you to receive your regular alpine inspiration dose
- The opportunity to grow and take over responsibility with a growing company in an exciting space